I hope everyone has recovered from Halloween! Now that my sugar high has worn off and our jack o’lanterns have burned out, I’m looking to have a nice relaxing weekend before things get crazy for Thanksgiving!!
Here is my version on a classic, easy dish. It can’t get much easier than throwing everything in a slow cooker and leaving for the day. There is nothing better than coming home to dinner already ready! I’ve also made it where I leave it all on the stove for an hour as well. Works great either way!
I love making this to bring to a couple who just had a baby and even for a large crowd over at my house. There are so many ways to add flavors and then when you add toppings, it makes it all that much better!
Easy Turkey Chili
2-3 lbs ground turkey, browned
1 onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup tomato paste
2 cup chicken broth
2 1/2 TBL chili powder
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp onion powder
8 oz can tomato sauce (not pasta sauce!)
28 oz can diced tomatoes
1 cup frozen corn, defrosted
15 oz can each black beans, kidney beans, both drained
15 oz can diced tomatoes & chilies
Add meat, onion, bell pepper, broth, tomato paste and sauce, diced tomatoes, and seasonings to slow cooker. Mix together.
Add black and kidney beans and corn.
Turn on low for 6-8 hours.
- 2-3 lbs ground turkey, browned
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 cup chicken broth
- 2½ TBL chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 8 oz can tomato sauce (not pasta sauce!)
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 15 oz can each black beans, kidney beans,
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes & chilies
- *Cornbread and sour cream make a great addition. And don't forget the shredded cheese!
- Add meat, onion, bell pepper, broth, tomato paste and sauce, diced tomatoes, and seasonings to slow cooker. Mix together.
- Add black beans, kidney beans and corn.
- Turn on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve with toppings!
Please let me know what you thought of the Easy Turkey Chili! I would love to hear from you!